Nominated by Alumni, participants in CSLI are recruited from across the community each year. A Selection Committee reviews applications in the Fall and identifies 16 participants for the program the following Spring.
These guidelines are considered when selecting CSLI participants.
- Leaders who can have the greatest impact.
- Diversity of thought, gender, ethnicity, religion, profession, lifestyle, volunteer interests and political persuasion for both the class and the alumni group.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Passion for Colorado Springs and a long-term commitment to the Pikes Peak region.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical behavior in both personal and profession relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to respectful and inclusive relationships and collaborative solution-oriented leadership.
Current tuition for the class is $3,500. A limited number of competitive scholarships are available.
All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time.
This, and not much else, is the essence of leadership.
JOHN KENNETH GALBRAIT