Participants in CSLI are recruited from across the community each year. Alumni, community leaders, published notices, and other means are used in Summer to alert citizens of the CSLI application process. A Selection Committee reviews applications in early Winter and identifies 16 participants for the program the following Spring.
These guidelines are considered when selecting CSLI participants.
- Leaders who can have the greatest impact.
- Diversity of thought, gender, ethnicity, religion, profession, lifestyle, volunteer interests and political persuasion for both the class and the alumni group.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Passion for Colorado Springs and a long-term commitment to the Pikes Peak region.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical behavior in both personal and profession relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to respectful and inclusive relationships and collaborative solution-oriented leadership.
Current tuition for the class is $3,500. A limited number of competitive scholarships are available.
All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time.
This, and not much else, is the essence of leadership.
JOHN KENNETH GALBRAIT